- Check the label carefully, and make sure that you're purchasing a stripper that's right for your job! Most strippers are specifically formulated for either paints, stains, varnishes, epoxy and other finishes, and they are not interchangeable. Some are suitable for wood surfaces, while others are designed for metal, masonry, etc.
- EZ Strip products are formulated to strip a wide variety of finishes safely from most surfaces so you know your getting the right product for your project every time!
- Thicker stripping solutions are recommended for ease of use. They tend to stick better on vertical surfaces, and make detail work easier. They also evaporate slower than liquid strippers giving you more bang for your buck.
- EZ Strip strippers have a no drip gel solution for easy application that clings to the surface you're stripping. The gel also has a wet working system so it keeps working longer than other chemical strippers.
Tip: Before you start your job, pour a portion of the stripper into a glass jar. Use that portion for dipping your brush. If you need more, simply add more stripper from the original container into the jar. In that way, you won't be contaminating all of the stripper by dipping your brush repeatedly into the original container.
- If you're stripping a piece of furniture, work from the top down as
you apply the stripper. That method makes it easier to cover all of the
- For flat surfaces such as cabinet doors, remove and lay the pieces flat if possible. This makes it easier to apply an even coat and to remove the stripper once the chemical has done its work.
- For stubborn paint or varnish finishes it also helps to lay sheets of plastic wrap over the wet stripper. This prevents stripper from drying out allowing for longer set times, let the stripper do the work for you.
- Finally, be patient. Stripping finishes can be tedious and time-consuming, particularly for intricate pieces and detail work. Being patient and methodical pays off.
- Choose the correct type of stripper for your project.
- Wear safety glasses and gloves as a minimum - know what your using!
- Be patient let the stripper do the work for you
Get it at your local Home Depot or online today!